David Dale Gallery and Studios is a voluntary artist-led organisation with charitable status, based in the east end of Glasgow. Located on Broad Street, Bridgeton, David Dale Gallery & Studios is situated in a building that once constituted part of David Dale College, established in 1949, and named after the 18th century philanthropist, David Dale.
Established in 2009, by four fine art graduates from The Glasgow School of Art, David Dale Gallery & Studios provides artist studio spaces within a supportive peer group community and hosts an innovative year round exhibitions and events programme that promotes pioneering contemporary visual art.
The organisation has a commitment to providing opportunities and supporting the development of early career contemporary visual artists, curators and writers. David Dale Gallery & Studios intends to encourage professional development, education and community participation whilst upholding the organisations continual mission to bring contemporary visual art into the heart of the east end of Glasgow.
David Dale Gallery and Studios is run by a dedicated team of three voluntary artists, which work together to ensure the continuous delivery of all aspects of the project.